Monday 19 October 2015

Verizon Galaxy S3 4.4.2 Rooted Custom Recovery Question



Looked through google, looked through threads, can find nothing whatsoever to help.

Have Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III Unlocked running Straight Talk VIA sim card. Everything works.. as a regular old phone with root. (rooted with Kingoroot - basically I googled "root galaxy s3" and followed those steps.. that much works fine, though it is not to be confused with the chinese king root. I tried the trick of swapping out king root for SU and, well.. yeah didnt work.)
Problem is I'm running 4.4.2 (the dreaded locked bootloader) and everything I try when it comes to installing custom recovery either doesn't work, bootloops the phone, or hard bricks it. v_v
so as someone who backs up their backups, (thank you OCD fairy), running around with a phone I can't backup puts me on edge, to say the least.
tried safestrap (says not secured. still says not secured after install. does nothing.)
tried various CWM and TWRP via apk installs (whatever that app is you install then tell it to install cwm) ..wouldn't install
Odin, depending on which version I install, either gives me errors or hardbricks my device.
SO.. I'm looking for someone who has a Verizon Galaxy S III and who has a custom recovery on it to tell me how the devil they managed that one.

Cheers all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment