Monday 19 October 2015

New 5th Gen Fire Sound Question



I'm building a couple Kindle Fire's into the walls in my kids rooms to serve as a media player, task manager, alarm clock, etc. I was using a cheap android tablet from Amazon, but one of them had a software problem and when I returned it I saw these new Kindles for so just bought them, thinking it would be perfect.

They are not--but that is another story.

I have got the ABD drivers installed and am using the Google Play store, which solved about 60 percent of my frustration. Still waiting on Widget support, which I understand may come in time when the device is further opened up.

But right now I'm just looking for what seems like a simple issue, but I just can't find the answer.

I have the device running to a pair of speakers through the headphone jack--because my kids are heavy sleepers they need the amplified power from outboard speakers to wake them up.

But, the alarm only seems to come from the onboard speaker, which isn't very loud from across the room. I see the Kindle has a seperate volume control for media and system sounds, then I found further that if you go into Alarm:settings there is yet another volume setting for just the alarm, but no way to output it into the headphone jack.

I briefly flirted with using the alarm on Pandora to wake them with music, but that just doesn't seem reliable--when I tested it the alarm wouldn't function if the lock screen was triggered.

Any solutions anyone is aware of?



No comments:

Post a Comment