Monday 19 October 2015

safestrap....unable to mount /system...potential brick??



have rooted s5 on 4.4.4 nk2. Have been trying to install custom roms via safestrap. Apparently i am missing a step. I wipe data, try to install twi5ted Lollipop on custom rom slot....blank screen for over 30 min after reboot, phone gets real hot, take battery out. Try to install on stock rom slot, reboot then get stuck in boot loop and keeps booting into system recovery. I then saw through my hours of searching to format instead of wipe....so i format then try to install, get stuck again, take battery out, get back to safestrap dash now when i try to wipe/format/or even restore my backup it says unable to mount system. When i click reboot system it says no OS installed. After reboot, my custom slot gets erased.

I was about to try an odin flash back to stock but some how was able to get my phone back to a system restore. Why can i not get anything installed? Do i have to have odin to do a custom rom install?????? i know every rom is different but wtf. I have seen multiple videos and threads of people flashing zip via safestrap and rebooting into new rom without flashing kernals via odin or safestrap after rom install.

Also...my phone will not let me download zip files (ex. cm12.1) says unable to create download folder....how close to F'in my phone up am i? I have successfully rooted all phones in the past...s5 is giving me hell!

I just tried installing rom after format, then flash nk2 kernel from odin, still gives boot loop....ive tried everything i have found..never this much problem with custom rom..



No comments:

Post a Comment