Monday 19 October 2015

I corrupted my cache partition; now what?



greetings!

I was fiddling around and ended up corrupting my cache parition. Can't boot to anything but recovery and can't format cache in any recovery. Here is what is happening:
  • I get message: "unable to mount /cache when i can see the error

  • when I can't see error, recovery (say, cyanogen or stock recovery) just sits there on "wiping cache" with no feedback.


I can flash all the stock images from fastboot without error; except the system image. I get this message (in red text) after the system.img flashes: "sp space is not enough"

I dunno. Is there a way to create a cache partition?

PS: I just got it to load the factory 5.1 image but I can't download the latest update (roughly 9mb - yes I'm using stock recovery, stock everything now). It'll boot to stock recovery after I press "install update" but gets about 25% through, fails and reboots. /shrug

Suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment