Monday 19 October 2015

Rear Camera/Flash Issues Recurring after multiple hard resets



Hi All,

So I've been having issues with my rear camera on Nexus 5 (my front facing camera works fine). Currently the camera and the flash will not work and basically stopped working some time around the upgrade to lollipop. While on lollipop, I tried uninstalling the app updates, restarting, clearing the cache...all the usual suggestions I've found online for dealing with this issue, but none of them work. Now, I'm currently running 6.0 and still the camera/flash are not working. Tonight I tried wiping the phone and reverting all the way back to kitkat 4.4.4 to see if that would fix it. I tried this multiple times, wiping and reflashing to various versions ranging from 4.4.0 to 6.0 to see if any would somehow fix the camera issue, but none worked.

At this point, I'm back on 6.0 and its still not working. My phone doesn't even show the default camera app in the app drawer. I have to access it through the shortcut on the lock screen and when I do I get the "Can't connect to the camera" message. I'm assuming its a hardware issue at this point, but wanted to know if anyone has any insight on this. From what I can tell, the flash is not part of the camera module, so if the camera itself broke, it seems like the camera flash should still be recognized and functional (its not in my case, not even an option for the default flashlight on the taskbar pull-down screen). I am wondering if its worth buying an oem replacement camera module and installing it to see if this fixes the issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment